Results 1 to 40 of 97

Thread: Journey to Stanced |CB9|

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Seeing it in B&W Genji-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    We can do business, don't worry
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,342
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    After seeing them polished.....I agree with your choice of going gold , but for the love of GOD, please change the fabric on the door panels. Black suede would look so fresh, but the hawaiin tourist shirt is not workin'.
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT .........

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    In your soul
    Age
    56
    Posts
    71,805
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genji-Sama View Post
    After seeing them polished.....I agree with your choice of going gold , but for the love of GOD, please change the fabric on the door panels. Black suede would look so fresh, but the hawaiin tourist shirt is not workin'.
    I disagree. On both counts, but for the purpose of this particular reply, on the choice of interior fabric. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, Genji, but that Hawaiian motif is awesome. But the trick to really making it look good, is to continue that throughout and not just partially. I would do inserts on the seats that way and probably create an insert in the headliner with it. Not too much as then it would just get too busy. Combine those inserts with black fabric or a royal blue to match the outerior of the car. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!


  3. #3
    IA Member mixed_body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    law'ville, GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Trust me when i say raise it because of the tire sidewall height, I was only saying that because of how odd it looks with tall walls. I'm probably the most extreme person you'll come across when it comes to (the real deal) slamming cars. Being doing that since 1987. So don't think I'm advocating raising your car, lolol. Now a shorter sidewall will definitely get rid of the odd look. Personally, though, for me disliking stretching tires, I would go with the more common 195/50-15. Great low sidewall for being that low and more rubber contact.

    Also, I didn't mean to insinuate that you didn't know what you were doing in regards to you painting the car. I was just filling in the blanks, so to say, to other responders.

    And lastly, those pics of the wheels in polished look are astounding. The pics aren't but the wheels are, lolol. I can only imagine how gorgeous your car would look with those wheels polished and a paint job on it.

    But like I said, do you, man, and it's all good. And thank you for the compliment on my car. I do appreciate it. We need to meet someday, man. Later, QD.
    Sorry if i can off as defensive. I just like to protect my car's integrity and accomplishment. yeah, i might consider the tire size. i dont like have such a small contact patch so i'll see once the tire ordering time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genji-Sama View Post
    After seeing them polished.....I agree with your choice of going gold , but for the love of GOD, please change the fabric on the door panels. Black suede would look so fresh, but the hawaiin tourist shirt is not workin'.
    haha thanx man, and nah the print is staying for now... It's consistent for the look im going for like the wood shifter. I'll be adding a stained wheel too.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I disagree. On both counts, but for the purpose of this particular reply, on the choice of interior fabric. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, Genji, but that Hawaiian motif is awesome. But the trick to really making it look good, is to continue that throughout and not just partially. I would do inserts on the seats that way and probably create an insert in the headliner with it. Not too much as then it would just get too busy. Combine those inserts with black fabric or a royal blue to match the outerior of the car. Later, QD.
    O that wasn't last of the fabric you'll see. I'll be incorporating that with the trunk cover and i'll add black silk to the roof liner. This will all be tied in with darker carpet and leather seats.

    Cleftlowbooty

    -Accord wagon -

  4. #4
    Seeing it in B&W Genji-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    We can do business, don't worry
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,342
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I disagree. On both counts, but for the purpose of this particular reply, on the choice of interior fabric. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, Genji, but that Hawaiian motif is awesome. But the trick to really making it look good, is to continue that throughout and not just partially. I would do inserts on the seats that way and probably create an insert in the headliner with it. Not too much as then it would just get too busy. Combine those inserts with black fabric or a royal blue to match the outerior of the car. Later, QD.
    Wow the last person I thought that would contest the fabric, lol. I guess i could see that motif working tho, but I still think an elegant black suede with polished knick-knack accents would look better. Even still i'm always up to see something new so i'll retract and hold judgement til I see more
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT .........

  5. #5
    Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    In your soul
    Age
    56
    Posts
    71,805
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mixed_body View Post
    Sorry if i can off as defensive. I just like to protect my car's integrity and accomplishment. yeah, i might consider the tire size. i dont like have such a small contact patch so i'll see once the tire ordering time comes.
    No, dude, I didn't see you as offensive. And yes, if you run a 195/50-15, you'll have plenty of contact with pavement and a nice, low tire wall size. What is the width of the wheel?

    Quote Originally Posted by mixed_body View Post
    haha thanx man, and nah the print is staying for now... It's consistent for the look im going for like the wood shifter. I'll be adding a stained wheel too.
    At first, I didn't think the wood shifter would work with a Hawaiian theme, but now I think it really would. Especially using the wood steering wheel and maybe some wood dash trim.


    Quote Originally Posted by mixed_body View Post
    O that wasn't last of the fabric you'll see. I'll be incorporating that with the trunk cover and i'll add black silk to the roof liner. This will all be tied in with darker carpet and leather seats.
    Cool shit, man. With the roof liner, what I was saying was maybe have the outer area of the liner in the black silk and the inner part as the same Hawaiian print. I can PAINT it for a better look if you want. Lolol. Just throwing shite out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genji-Sama View Post
    Wow the last person I thought that would contest the fabric, lol. I guess i could see that motif working tho, but I still think an elegant black suede with polished knick-knack accents would look better. Even still i'm always up to see something new so i'll retract and hold judgement til I see more
    Lolol. The particular print he is using may go well inside the car. It's not loud and crazy. I guess we'll see, yes? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!